Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The glisten of fresh fruit

This has been an interesting week. I was at Disneyland yesterday for the first time in 2 years. I felt immersed in a world of pristine fantasy and was surrounded by children who were either weeping or laughing. I had a photograph taken with a winsome Peter Pan who lovingly squeezed my waist and asked how old I was.
 I patted his elfish shoulder and said "I'm sorry, I'm too old for you."
He squeezed me again and asked "How old are you?"
I replied  "Old enough to have been your babysitter."
He smiled devilishly at me and said"Oh, are you a grown up?"
 I couldn't stop myself from giggling girlishly and I had felt flirty all day in my purple dress with the thin, slinky straps that left a pale  line on my slightly sun-pinked shoulders. Perhaps it was the purple,heart-shaped Lolita sunglasses that threw him off. In any case I have felt fluttery and contemplative about the questions of youth.

I got a little tipsy this weekend at the barbeque I held at my house. Cherry Sailor Jerry spiced rum is wonderful!

I sort of feel like a bright red apple. Sink your teeth into me and you might be poisoned forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment