Sunday, July 24, 2011

Good morning Sunday

It is so late... I spent the entire day in Los Angeles in a pair of fashionable torture devices called "high heels".  Why did I wear black 4 inch heels when I was going to be walking around the Los Angeles art community today? Well, being aptly inspired by my second viewing of Captain America, I had a decidedly 1940s glamour streak and wore a curve hugging black dress and black silk stockings. I thought the heels would be perfect. They looked fantastic but hour after hour, gallery after gallery... I was beginning to swoon.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE going to art shows in LA and I try to do it as often as I can... And I NEVER seem to wear the appropriate shoes. What can I say? I'm a tall girl and I love making myself even taller so I can tower over unsuspecting men like an amazon Barbie doll. Why would I want to be a small little girl that cowers in the shadows? Armed with my red lipstick, 4 inch heels, and black clinging dress I was ready to take on the city this afternoon.

It was a rare treat. There is a Tim Burton exhibition at LACMA this summer. It was so amazing to see Tim Burton's sketches, paintings and sculptures that display his boundless imagination. I read, under glass, a binder paper outline, in his own handwriting, for the opening scene of Edward Scissorhands and I started to cry.

So now I must rearrange my room. I must take down my UFC poster to make way for my poster for the exhibit. I love museum gift shops. I have so much more to say but it is terribly, terribly late...

No comments:

Post a Comment